RoboFocus is a remote focus driver that installs on your telescope’s existing focus mechanism. RoboFocus provides digital control and feedback of the focus position using a stepping motor controlled by a microprocessor. The user sends commands from his computer to the RoboFocus to move the focus and receives back digital position information. The user has full control over the settings and calibration of the RoboFocus. After training, RoboFocus can even automatically adjust for the effects of temperature on the telescope. The user can also set the stepsize, backlash, and other characteristics of the operation. The optional hand control is available. RoboFocus requires an RS232 serial connection but works well with all USB to serial adapters and hubs.
The RoboFocus controller remembers its position even if the power is turned off/on. The RoboFocus includes backlash compensation that enables many inexpensive focusers to give a premium performance. The RoboFocus controller operates from a 12VDC 1A power supply (included) and has pushbuttons for manual operations and for training the unit.
Automate Your Focuser with ROBOFOCUS™
- Digital Readout on PC Screen
- Remote Control via computer
- Automatic Backlash correction
- Fits your R&P or S-C (LX200) focuser
- Automatic Temperature Compensation
- Full Manual Operation or use with autofocusing software from other vendors
- Focus to less than 0.001 inch
- Remote control four power outlets (optional)